Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Welcome! Now sit back and get ready for some FUN!

Welcome to the first blog post of Almost At Wedded Bliss! Yay!! (bells and whistles are going off!). To the fellow brides who are reading this, Congratulations on your Engagement! And no matter what anyone tells you, it is NEVER too early to start planning.

Look at me for example, I was engaged and a week later I had bought my dress. (Excessive I know, but I was excited! Can you blame me!?)

Now, the first order of business for YOU is go out and buy a bridal magazine! Get excited, you're the bride, you are allowed. Look carefully through the magazine (more than once), envision what you want for a wedding. And imagine what kind of dress you want to wear.

If you want an elegant affair, a circus wedding, an elopement on a beach, do whatever it is YOU and your FIANCE want. Just keep that in mind when you are planning, that you can take other people's opinions but it is your decision.

But, even though it is your decision, don't turn into Bride-zilla. Save your sanity and that of your family and friends by keeping the "MINE" beast under control.

Now, this blog will touch all wedding subjects including but not limiting to the following;


  • Budget
  • How to say "No"
  • Dress, shoes, accessories, all bride essentials
  • Destination Wedding
  • Honeymoon options
  • Stress and how to control it
  • All the FUN wedding stuff
  • And MUCH, MUCH MORE! 

Keep in mind that I myself am a bride (June 14, 2014 woot woot!), so I am no expert. But I am taking my experiences as a planning bride and a bridesmaid to a few friends and combining what I've learned to help you get on your way to planning your perfect wedding and honeymoon without ripping your hair out!

Now, go look at magazine and start planning!


No comments:

Post a Comment